Thursday, April 3, 2014

BLAST OFF!

...and we're off!   We pushed the green "Launch" button on Kickstarter Monday morning at 9a., complete with a professional rocket launch countdown and an "oodle-oo" by one of our dogs.   It has been a hair-raising couple of days, to be sure.   (Who needs wigs?)   And now, three days later, we are at 10% of our goal.


(This is Sara, dressed as Anime in the show.  She is a professional Oodler.)

It is delightful to see such support; each time I get a message from Kickstarter that we have another "New Backer Alert", my heart gives a little tap dance.  Friends and family.   Friends of Friends.  Strangers.  I am so thrilled.  And so humbled.

It is actually quite difficult to write something and have it tossed out there to the wide, wide world.  Even with a history of writing and publishings and an award or two (small scale: class awards.  but, hey.  They are tributes, right?) This is the first show I have written for musical theatre.  Yes, I've had many, "What was I thinking?" moments.

I wrote Lather, Rinse, Repeat the winter after my father died, when my heart wanted so much to heal and laugh again.  I would find myself smiling at a page of dialogue, and then chuckling.  Songs would torment me awake, or a tune would find its place in the world as I was down doing barn chores.  First time I had ever written a song, too.  Did I mention that?   Talented friends came for read-throughs and workshops.  I had such encouragement!

And, now, here it is -- out in the world.  Hoping for a successful campaign.  Hopeful the encouragement will continue, on a world wide web basis.

And, on 1: let me hear an oodle-oo:   5...4...3...2...1...


No comments:

Post a Comment